Easiest Way to Make Ultimate Spiced Rhubarb Chutney for Type of Food

Spiced Rhubarb Chutney. This is a great recipe for grilled pork or chicken. The original recipe was sent to me from my Aunt Jean. I changed the recipe to include more cinnamon, jalapenos and garlic.

Spiced Rhubarb Chutney Packed full of flavour and spice this is a delicious way to use up a glut of rhubarb. This spicy rhubarb chutney was one of the first chutneys I ever made - or tasted - when I grew rhubarb for the first time. Over the years I've adapted it to be spicier and use less sugar and this year I even substituted honey for part of the sugar with great results.

Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, spiced rhubarb chutney. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.

Spiced Rhubarb Chutney is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It's enjoyed by millions every day. It's simple, it's quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Spiced Rhubarb Chutney is something which I have loved my whole life.

This is a great recipe for grilled pork or chicken. The original recipe was sent to me from my Aunt Jean. I changed the recipe to include more cinnamon, jalapenos and garlic.

To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spiced rhubarb chutney using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.

The ingredients needed to make Spiced Rhubarb Chutney:

  1. {Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
  2. {Prepare 1/3 cup of cider vinegar.
  3. {Take 1 tbsp of finely grated peeled fresh ginger.
  4. {Make ready 2 clove of garlic chopped finely.
  5. {Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
  6. {Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
  7. {Take 1/4 tsp of allspice.
  8. {Make ready 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
  9. {Get 1/2 cup of diced red onion.
  10. {Take 1/4 cup of red wine.
  11. {Make ready 1/3 cup of orange juice.
  12. {Take 1/3 cup of dried cranberries (I used cranraisins).
  13. {Take 1 packages of (16 oz)sliced rhubarb (I used frozen).

This russet-red chutney is sweet, tart, spicy, and addictively delicious. Delicious Spiced Rhubarb Chutney served atop The Perfect Pork Chop! Rhubarb was all over the farmer's market this weekend! I bought a couple of large bundles to experiment with this week.

Instructions to make Spiced Rhubarb Chutney:

  1. In a large skillet mix sugar, vinegar, spices, garlic, ginger and onions..
  2. Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Add rhubarb, cranberries, orange juice and wine..
  3. Increase the heat to medium high heat and cook until the rhubarb is tender and the sauce thickens just a bit about 10 minutes..
  4. **A great party idea for crackers served with brie cheese (or other cheese of your liking) Also is a good sauce to serve with chicken or over pork.**.

Rhubarb has a tart flavor that pairs so well with sweeter. The flavour of the Rhubarb Chutney reminds me of a fruity, tangy BBQ Sauce! Thanks to its tartness this Rhubarb Chutney goes especially well with pork! But we also use it as a spread for fancy sandwiches or as an accompaniment to cheese! I could eat this Spicy Rhubarb Chutney by the spoonful!

So that is going to wrap it up with this special food spiced rhubarb chutney recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm confident you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Popular Paul's Pizza Dough for Lunch Food

Easy to Make Popular Rhubarb Crumble & Custard.💟 for List of Food

Step by Step Guide to Prepare Iconic Rhubarb Syrup for List of Food